Happy Easter everyone!
Just a few quick thoughts going through my head this morning:
- Saw this tweet early this morning before my bike ride (by @JRVassar):
Vain the stone, the watch, the seal.
Christ hath burst the gates of hell!
Death in vain forbids His rise.
Christ hath opened paradise!
– from “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” by Charles Wesley
I love Charles Wesley’s songs and, and this quote really stirred something in me today.
- Also reading in Leviticus today (M’Cheyne One Year Reading Plan on YouVersion.com). Not usually a very exciting read, but I am so thankful that our Messiah’s work on the cross put an end to the need for all of those sacrifices and rituals!
- I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that God has brought into our lives over the years, and for how He brings them back around at just the right time for some much needed encouragement and an extreme amount of laughter! Woods Family…you are awesome!
- I’m sitting on my front porch typing this, while sitting on an antique church pew. I don’t know why that seems ironic to me, but maybe it’s because this is the first time I’ve actually sat in a church pew on Easter morning in at least 15 years. (The churches I have attended typically use chairs).
- This book is still making me laugh.
- This video is still making me cry.
Celebrate the resurrection today. Christ is risen….He is risen indeed!