Since we went to church on Saturday night this weekend, today was family day! This was probably the most relaxing day I have had in a while. Here’s how our day went:
- We all slept in (for me that means not getting up until 7:30am).
- Once I was up, I made a cup of coffee and got caught up on my blog reading and podcasting for the week.
- By then, the kids were up, so we made cinnamon rolls and discussed normal topics that 8-10 year olds talk about…you know, stuff like how the human cardiovascular system works, the theory of relativity, gravitational forces of Earth vs. Jupiter, and whether or not Obi-wan Kenobi would be classified as an alien since he didn’t come from earth.
- After breakfast and cleaning the kitchen, we finished reading the last five chapters of “The Horse and his Boy” by C.S. Lewis (we are SLOWLY making our way through the entire Chronicles of Narnia series).
- Then everyone got dressed (except for Tania, who took the opportunity to watch a movie with peace and quiet), we leashed up Georgia, and headed to the village green in our subdivision. We fed the ducks, played a little soccer, threw the football, ate sandwiches by the pond, and basically goofed off for the whole of the afternoon.
What a GREAT DAY!