October 31, 2010
Beards, NoShavember, The Beards
Well, it’s that glorious time of year again: NoShavember. The name says it all. It’s November. There’s no shaving. It’s brilliant. So who’s in? Ladies, although not necessarily encourage, are welcome to join in too!
Go to the NoShavember website (http://www.noshavember.com) and sign up.
You can also join in on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/noshavember) and twitter (http://twitter.com/noshavember)
Here’s the theme song for this year:
May 13, 2010
Faith, Family, Random
Addition by Adoption, Caffeinated Faith, Compassion International, Fringe, Haiku, Lost, Random, Tron
Haven’t had much time to blog since the give-away. Lots of stuff in Evernote that I want to blog about, as well as random stuff bouncing around in my head. Here’s a peak (in bullet points):
- Listening to Caffeinated Faith podcasts this week. Incredibly sincere in their faith. Funny. Raw. Juvenile. Get over it. Listen.
- Might sponsor a child through Compassion International. Given before, never committed. Talking with the kids tonight.
- Currently reading three books (not counting the bible), have three more I haven’t started yet, and a list of about 30 to buy. It is frustrating .
- Support Kevin‘s book “Addition by Adoption” by clicking here for a twibbon. Quick read, inspiring & proceeds provide clean water in Ethiopia. Buy it here.
- Disappointed with Tuesday’s Lost episode. After the shock of the opening scene, it was too predictable and ended lame.
- Thanks to Shawn, I dreamed about crashing into a wall on a light cycle last night.
- Have been inspired to write haiku today, thanks to Brett. – – by the way, Brett the word “haiku” is both singular and plural.
- Think (hope) Fringe will be good tonight.
- I like crating links in my blogs.
April 28, 2010
SO much crazy stuff going on lately, I haven’t had time to blog. Here’s a few of the people responsible for adding to the craziness in my life (in a good way):
1. These guys are hilarious and have been making me laugh a lot lately:
2. This guy has been challenging me spiritually through his blog and his new book:
3. These two guys have been challenging me to start working on my writing again:
4. These two guys have been challenging me to start working on my music again:
John Mark McMillan
5. These guys have been challenging me to get organized, focused and follow through on 2-4:
If you are looking for some inspiration in any of these areas, check out the links. You can thank me later. Now, I’ve got to go work on my novel a bit before bed.
April 4, 2010
Charles Wesley, Easter, Everyday Absurditites, Resurection, Zac Smith
Happy Easter everyone!
Just a few quick thoughts going through my head this morning:
- Saw this tweet early this morning before my bike ride (by @JRVassar):
Vain the stone, the watch, the seal.
Christ hath burst the gates of hell!
Death in vain forbids His rise.
Christ hath opened paradise!
- from “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” by Charles Wesley
I love Charles Wesley’s songs and, and this quote really stirred something in me today.
- Also reading in Leviticus today (M’Cheyne One Year Reading Plan on YouVersion.com). Not usually a very exciting read, but I am so thankful that our Messiah’s work on the cross put an end to the need for all of those sacrifices and rituals!
- I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that God has brought into our lives over the years, and for how He brings them back around at just the right time for some much needed encouragement and an extreme amount of laughter! Woods Family…you are awesome!
- I’m sitting on my front porch typing this, while sitting on an antique church pew. I don’t know why that seems ironic to me, but maybe it’s because this is the first time I’ve actually sat in a church pew on Easter morning in at least 15 years. (The churches I have attended typically use chairs).
- This book is still making me laugh.
- This video is still making me cry.
Celebrate the resurrection today. Christ is risen….He is risen indeed!
February 24, 2010
Faith, Music, Random
beautiful things, craig groeschel, francis chan, hello hurricane
LOTS of stuff going on today (in my life, and in my head). Here’s a sample:
1. My brother-in-law, won his parental hearing yesterday. He’s an awesome dad. God is Good!
2. Saw this video from Fancis Chan the other day…excellent!
3. Beautiful Things and Hello Hurricane are blowing my mind/speakers lately.
4. It is 68.5° at my desk right now.
5. My wife is awesome.
6. I currently have 24 books on my “To Read” list. No matter how much I read, this list only gets longer.
7. Listening to a podcast series by Craig Groeschel (Lifechurch.tv) entitled “Once Upon a Marriage” that is challenging me.
8. Being colorblind sometimes leads to embarrassing situations.
9. I hate updating graphs and charts.
10. When I finish this post, I have to update my production graphs and charts.
What’s going on in your head today?
February 22, 2009
Random, Stats Suck Sunday
Welcome to Sunday. You all know how this works, and if you don’t, clink here, and Brody will explain it to you. The point? There isn’t one. It’s just a time for randomness, and to throw things out that don’t merit an entire blog post. Here’s my randomness from the week:
- Came across this video last weekend. Thought it was funny, but now the song’s stuck in my head!
- Also discovered JullianSmith.tv this week Very funny (and not stuck in my head!).
- I hate waiting in doctor’s offices.
- Three of my four kids have eaten Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop-Tarts every day for breakfast for an entire week. I hate the smell.
- My life is becoming consumed by potty training at the moment…Both kids and puppies (yeah, she’s only a puppy – 5 months old!).
- Whoever came up with the idea of Saturday night church service is a genius.
- It still cracks me up that the spell-checker for wordpress.com doesn’t recognize the word “blog”.
- I need more coffe, and it’s time to watch Monk & Psych with the kids on the DVR.
What’s on your mind today?